Friday 21 May 2010

Oxford Fashion Week

Again it's been a while since I blogged, but university, busy blah blah. However I would like to blog more. A little while ago I was asked by Sarah-Elizabeth Cooper to come down to Oxford Fashion Week. It was really cool to see young designers and their collections, especially at such an unusual location -by a river in a boat house, with punts outside. The evening was full of energy and well organised by a great group of girls! I recorded the event, which you can now see on my YouTube Channel.

2 comments:

  1. So bizarre seeing this here, sitting in my flat in Oxford, having deliberately avoided this series of events...

    I just don't get the point of things like "Oxford Fashion Week". Fashion Week is a trade show designed to get press coverage for brands and to display the collections to the buyers who will be stocking them the next season and the editors who will be featuring them in their magazines. These regional events, and especially university ones, just seem to be about some wannabe girls having a big party and generating publicity for themselves... I know two people who have been working on OFW, and they are both really sweet, but seriously, I just don't get the point. I'd rather read my Vogue Collections and see a real show...
    xx
    Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it is just that, the ability to gather publicity for yourself. I don't think they're trying to be put in the same class as the bigger fashion weeks except by having a similar title for convinience. I mean, I hadn't even heard of it until Sarah-Elizabeth messaged me about it. It wasn't what I was expecting but it was still fun as a small scale event. It was just nice to see what people were coming out with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails